Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Give me some sunshine




                    Once upon a time when my life was simple, work (or lack of it) was fun, when I was at Satyam,  I happened to hear about a novel. I was told so much about it that I finally read my first novel. It is Five Point someone by Chetan Bhagat. I never heard of him before but the hype generated made me read this novel. It was so good that I read it in a week (remember this is my first one). Its a story about 3 IITians and their interesting journey through college days.  I fell in love with the book.   


                  Now, this book is being made into "3 Idiots" (with some changes) by Rajkumar Hirani (Munnabhai Dir). I heard the audio today and its superb. The song that interested me very much is  "Give me some sunshine". Its sweet, sensible and catchy. The protagonist(s)  plead to give them a moment to live their life. In Indian society, you hardly find a chance to live as you like it and this song perfectly pictures that.  I never found a person who chose his career solely by choice.  I do not know what would have I chosen if I was not tuned from childhood towards Engineering but definitely I would not have chosen this field.If one is very good at studies he chooses Engineering or Medicine.Thats the thumb rule in India particularly in AP.  If someone chooses anything else, he did not by choice but he had nothing else left. Thats the equation. I never saw a person at least in my circle who took up a career in law or civils let alone music and dance.  In this sense, children here in US are blessed. They take up what they truly like, whether they are successful or not thats a different thing but they do what they enjoy. 

          Coming to the song, there are some lovely lines which depict the helplessness of the protagonists (and I think Indian students in general).


लिख लिख कर पडा हथेली पर अल्फा , बीटा, गामा का छाला 
Concentrated H2S04 ने पूरा बचपन चला डाला  


बचपन तो गया जवानी भी गयी 
एक पल तो हमे जीनेदो जीने दो 
Give me some sunshine Give me some rain
Give me another chance to grow up once again






         Even the other songs in the album are sweet and meaningful. I loved 'Kaha se aaya ta woh' and ' Jaane nahe denge' too. Three cheers to the Lyricist, Music director (Shantanu Moitra) and the director for beautiful songs. I'm sure this film will connect well with the audiences. Thanks to Rajkumar Hirani, this will be a good film.




4 comments:

విద్య said...

i too heard the songs too they r interesting. reminds me of my college days. nice thought to pen down.

Subhaprada said...

well said Vasu!
I remember when I just completed 10th, I badly wanted to take MEC group! I remember how my decision was forcibly changed by comparing with others who have taken MPC and joined Engineering already! Not that I repent it.. but sometimes I feel I should've tried my hand at Interior designing or Fine arts for that matter! I even feel I should've studied Telugu literature! I just hope I don't push that my kids fulfill my unfulfilled dreams!

Subhaprada said...

By the way, the pic on your blog is quite tempting! I feel like having mirchi bajji right away! :(

Vasu said...

Yeah even I would have taken some Arts group given a choice.

I'll remember what you said reg your kids and'll see if you do it.

Thanks.